The Diary of a Foodie

These food blogs are made up entirely from my own personal views. I do not work for, or get paid by any of the establishments that I mention.
It is a personal account based on a personal experience, and should be treated as such.
Please use the search box to search for your favourite style of food.
If you would like to suggest anywhere for me to try, please feel free to get in touch.




Tuesday 5 April 2011

Chiquitos/Mexican/York

I love Chiquitos, I always track one down when we stay away if I can, so was chuffed to find one near to where we were staying in York.


Situated on the Clifton Moor Shopping Centre just outside of the City of York.  Loads of parking obviously.

We went on a Monday evening, it wasn't busy at all, but we still had to hang around to be shown to a table.

Once seated our waiter returned with the menus but he could barely raise a smile.

Every single time we have been to Chiquitos we have been given tortilla chips and salsa to nibble on while we browse the menu, not this time.  Although it was on the bill (with a 0.00 price tag) so I am guessing it should have been served.

We ordered a jug of cocktail to start June Bug - June Bug (Banana liqueur, Malibu & Midori melon liqueur, blended with pineapple juice & sweet & sour)  £12.99 for a pitcher, and a couple of diet cokes for the non drinkers.


It was ages before the waiter returned, service was very slow and yet it was not busy.

We decided on the weekday dinner menu at £9.99 for two courses - bargain.

I went for Chilli Poppers (Breaded jalapeƱos filled with cream cheese & served with smoky salsa)



They were chin-burning hot, trust me I know, as it dripped down my chin and actually blistered!  Otherwise they tasted really nice.

Hubby chose Garlic Flatbread ‘Tostadas’ (With or without melting Jack cheese)



Crispy flat bread with loads of flavour - delicious.

For a main I asked if I could adapt a meal to be Vegetarian, this was fine, so I got Spicy Chicken Enchiladas (Three rolled corn tortillas filled with spicy chicken, chilli con queso & anchochilli-tomato sauce. On a bed of Mexican spiced rice & topped with melting Jack cheese) swapping the chicken for Veggie chilli.



It was gorgeous - as you can see!!!  I do apologise about the photo, had gobbled it up before remembering. :)

This midweek dinner deal is great, there is plenty of food and great choice, you can either go for a starter and main meal or a main meal and dessert.

As always, I love Chiquitos food, but I have to say in this instance, the service was very slow and poor and the tables were sticky.  Such a shame.

Here is the website and address for you.


York - Clifton Moor
Sterling Road
York
YO30 4XY

Telephone:
01904 477900

No comments:

Post a Comment