The Diary of a Foodie

These food blogs are made up entirely from my own personal views. I do not work for, or get paid by any of the establishments that I mention.
It is a personal account based on a personal experience, and should be treated as such.
Please use the search box to search for your favourite style of food.
If you would like to suggest anywhere for me to try, please feel free to get in touch.




Wednesday 15 December 2010

At Thai/Thai/Oxford


Sorry followers, no food photos for this blog due to technical issues (i.e. forgetting camera!!)

During a trip to Oxfordshire, and upon recommendation, we decided to try this Thai Restaurant on Oxford High Street.

Parking is a nightmare in Oxford, especially in the town centre.

The restaurant is up a good set of stairs, no good for disabled or people who find steps a struggle.
Inside it's a little "unkempt", could do with someone in to tidy up trailing cables and to do a splash of painting to freshen it up.

The toilets were up another flight of stairs, with a really grubby carpet, and beside the toilet was a pair of stained rubber gloves (obviously used for cleaning the pot) which was quite unpleasant !!

Nice modern tables and chairs though.

The staff were obliging, happy to help, drinks orders were taken and prawn crackers delivered as soon as we arrived.

I fancied Vegetable Tempura for a starter, but it wasn't on the main menu, although it was on a Special menu further into the menu. I asked if I could have it and they were more than happy to make it for me. Pity about the couple of peppers I bit into when I specifically asked for no onions or peppers though. Otherwise a lovely, tasty dish.

For main I went for Pad Thai, I love this dish and have it a lot, but this one was magnificent. The best one I have ever tasted. Delicious. And they got the "no onions or peppers" bit right too.

Total bill for 4 people was just £80 ! This was for 4 starters, 4 mains, 2 sides, 2 soft drinks and a bottle of wine.

Would definately go back as the food was fabulous, but they do need to have a bit of a whip round with a hoover & duster.

Here are the details for you.

At Thai
129A High St,
Oxford
OX1 4DF
01865 245603 ‎

No comments:

Post a Comment