The Diary of a Foodie

These food blogs are made up entirely from my own personal views. I do not work for, or get paid by any of the establishments that I mention.
It is a personal account based on a personal experience, and should be treated as such.
Please use the search box to search for your favourite style of food.
If you would like to suggest anywhere for me to try, please feel free to get in touch.




Tuesday 20 July 2010

Indian Dream/Indian/Didcot




We had a dinner date with friends from Wantage, Oxfordshire, and on their recommendation we decided to go to Indian Dream in Didcot.


Parking available directly outside, but this was on an evening, not sure what it would be like during the day.





Beautifully decorated with very modern fittings, clean and inviting, and the staff were really friendly and pleasant.

Great wine list, with an impressive wine rack on one wall.


We started with Poppadums, with dips. The dips were impressive and really tasty, with fresh crisp poppadums - both Spicy and Plain.



I asked for a Vegetable Pakora which was not on the menu, but they were happy to cook for me. I did ask for no onions, unfortunately it came with a generous scattering of diced red onions. I just shook them off, but would have prefered it to have come without them.




The Pakoras were a bit too soggy for my taste, would have been nicer a bit crispier, but the selection of vegetables inside was good.


I followed with Garlic Mushroom Balti - how nice to find a Veggie dish on the menu without it being "mixed veg", and I have to say it was very nice indeed.



We shared rices and naans, but no desserts - too full.

The total bill for four people was £85 not including the tip. This was for poppadums, starters, mains and sides each, plus a bottle of wine, 2 beers and 2 cokes.

Will definately return if we are in the area.


Here is the website for you.

No comments:

Post a Comment